WELCOME! Volume 1. #1
Welcome to the first edition of the Madison House Cleaning e-newsletter from A Helping Hand.
- Clean Home, Health Home
- Clean Kids Craft – **FAMILY CONTEST**
Clean Home, Healthy Home
Germs, dust, and allergens are the enemy of healthy families. It’s easy to forget that your kitchen, bathroom, and laundry room are magnets for bacteria and other germs. A few simple techniques, without harsh chemicals, can keep your home clean and your family healthier.
Target the Toliet
Pour about two cups of vinegar in your toilet bowl and use a spray bottle to squirt vinegar on the rim-don’t forget the handle. Let that soak for about about 10 minutes while you spray and wipe down the outside, scrub the bowl, and flush your cares away. Vinegar also works for the bathroom floor, and it’s completely safe for your family.
Here on your Kitchen’s Island
Vinegar will also go far in keeping kitchen surfaces clean. Wipe up and crumbs or food messes immediately to avoid a household pest invasion. Don’t forget to replace the kitchen sponge frequently, about once a week. And take out the trash often, stopping to spray down the sides of the trash can with vinegar or other cleaner before replacing the can.
Wash the Washroom
Laundry rooms harbor allergens like dust mites and mold. Dust mites are the number one indoor allergen, according WebMD.com Vacuum out more than just the lint trap. Check under your washer and dryer for additional dust or lost articles. Disinfect surfaces here with vinegar also-your clothes leave clean, but come in that way.
Healthy, Happy Home
Experts agree, reducing dust, mold, and allergens reduces the likelihood of your family getting sick. It also makes your a more pleasant place to eat, sleep, and play. Grab your vinegar and get a start on make your home a healthy and happy home.
Clean Kids Craft – **FAMILY CONTEST**
Post a video or picture of your family making this craft together on our A Helping Hand Facebook Page and qualify for a $100.00 Gift Card towards your next cleaning from A Helping Hand Residential Cleaning Professionals, LLC (aka, www.madisonhousecleaning.net)
Tissue Paper Bouqet
Get ready for these no-glue flower craft. They are fun, easy, and beautiful.
What You’ll Need:
- Colorful tissue paper
- Piper cleaners
How To Make Them
- Cut tissue paper into rectangles of desired size.
- Stack about 15 rectangles of tissue paper.
- Accordion pleat the tissue paper working from the long side.
- Wind one end of the pipe cleaner around the middle of the accordion pleaded tissue paper.
- Trim the ends of each side to give the pedals a unique look. Trimming the ends into a point (like a triangle), or a bump (like a half circle) will look very pretty.
- Gently separate each layer by pulling upwards toward the middle of the flower on both sides of the stem.
- Let you kids make a few flowers and put them in a vase, jar, or colorful pitcher. Wrap a tin can with construction paper for a customized vase.
- Post a video or picture of your family making this craft together on our A Helping Hand Facebook Page and qualify for a $100.00 Gift Card towards your next cleaning from A Helping Hand Residential Cleaning Professionals, LLC (aka, www.madisonhousecleaning.net)
Clean Kids Craft – **FAMILY CONTEST** Rules
- The contest is open to everyone. Current customers and all others may enter.
- Only one entry per household.
- One $100.00 Gift Card will be award during random drawing.
- Contest ends August 31, 2010 11:59:59 CST
- Happy Crafting!!